It felt like autumn would never get here, as the weather was very warm, humid and rainy for the first few weeks of the season here in New England. The trees have even been a bit delayed in their annual display of color, but we’re finally starting to see some pretty colors and some crisp, cool air take hold. The decorations on display here in Deerfield are festive and fun, and you can’t miss the giant pumpkins on the doorstep just down the street from the inn. We’re indulging in hot apple cider, pumpkin spice lattes and everything fall. If you’re visiting us at our Deerfield, MA B&B or planning a trip to New England, here are some great suggestions of upcoming things to do in New England this fall:
- Great Falls Festival, “Pumpkinfest,” Saturday, October 20th, Turners Falls, MA
- Scarecrow in the Park, Saturday & Sunday, October 20 and 21st, Bernardston, MA
- Mike’s Maze, Weekends through Nov. 4th Sunderland, MA
- 24th Annual Franklin County Cider Days, Friday-Sunday, November 2nd-4th, various Franklin County Locations
- Fall Activities at Historic Deerfield, including Guided Tour of the Old Burying Ground, October 28
- Valley Ghost Tours, Wednesday-Sundays through early November, Amherst and Northampton, MA
Or go apple or pumpkin picking, take a hot air balloon ride, hike Mount Greylock, or go ziplining through the foliage at Berkshire East….there’s so many fun fall things to do in New England!